Pages

About Burklee Farm

We are drystock farmers (sheep and beef) on 1200 acres (500 ha) in West Waikato, New Zealand. We have owned the property in an equity partnership since February 2008.

Get hold of us: malcolmnsally@wnation.net.nz

Sunday 19 August 2012

Flo - RIP

There was a sad start to today.  I knew Flo had a sore tummy last night and I went out just after 7am to see how she was but alas she had passed away in the night.  I feel sorry for her being in her kennel by herself without being comforted.  She was 9 years old.  Below are some snaps of Flo and I out and about.

Lucy, me and Flo
Flo, Dash, Me and Lucy - girl power!


Flo running one way and the sheep the other!



Working together last spring

... and another
So, now I am down to one dog, just before docking.  Lucy moved onto a smaller block with dairy heifers to look after on a part-time basis.  I have inherited Pearl from Mal, who we have had ever since we moved to this block, making her about 8 years old.  Flo was our main yard dog. 

Request .... if anyone has an older dog that we suit me, we would love to hear from you.

Despite Flo being big and a bit bolshy, she will be sadly missed as she was a good kean dog (too  kean sometimes) and had a lovely nature.  Before coming to me, she lived a good life out the back of Tahora with a family now immigrated to Tasmania.  She would work for anyone, but probably more so in the last 6 months had become quite loyal.

May you rest in piece Flo.

No comments:

Post a Comment